Sunday, September 30, 2018

6th Reply: Ned Taylor

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for getting in touch with me and sharing your concerns, I hear you. I'm sorry I have not responded sooner. I also want to say how sorry I am to hear of that horrific incident that occurred to you and your wife.

I was disappointed with the approach Saanich took to address the tent city at Regina Park. When that tent city first formed, our provincial government offered to pay for modular housing, which could have been used to provide people living at tent city an option that could better suit their living needs. The District of Saanich was required to donate land that we own or lease for the province to provide that funding, which we did not do. I'm disappointed that our Saanich Councillors did not take advantage of this opportunity until recently.

I also believe we need to address affordability in housing prices and tax rates, so that it's easier for low-income citizens to afford a place to live. You can see my full plan to do exactly that here: https://www.votened.org/platform

Thank you again for getting in touch with me, let me know what you think of what I've said, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

All the best,

Ned

No comments:

Post a Comment